- This event has passed.
Melbourne Angels Masterclass #6 – Your Portfolio – Design, Construction & Management
21 November 2020 @ 13:30 - 17:00
Some Topics we Will Cover in this Half Day Workshop:
Angel investing boils down to relatively time-intensive activities:
- Finding interesting companies,
- Investigating whether they might be good investments,
- Getting a deal done, and then tracking and helping the company succeed
Which companies you are interested in depends on your own biases and the access you have to expert opinion from like minded investors.
How many companies depends on three very crucial variables:
- How many companies would merit follow-on investment?
- How much follow-on investment would they require?
- How much returned capital would I have to work with, and how quickly?
Regardless of the target angel allocation, those three variables are going to determine how many companies you can do.
Working with a local Angel network can allow you to:
- Attract deal flow in a very systematic way,
- Share the load of evaluating companies,
- Work together on deal terms and filling a round, and
- Share the load of supporting companies with board service, networks, advice and introductions
How many companies and what type of companies you will invest in will be covered in detail.